PreSonus AudioBox iTwo
The PreSonus AudioBox iTwo interface comes as one solid indoor performer, packed with prize-winner audio recording software Capture Duo. Offering 24-bit, 96kHz two-track recording system. If you need more of the mobility, with a full version purchase you get a 32-track Capture recording software for your iPad.
From Easy To Full PreSonus Production
Made in the same family house as their signature DAW, if you prefer more stable production works, then go from mobile to static in no time. Take your ideas into a fully equipped virtual studio of PreSonus`s Studio One and let the magic happen instantly. And all that switch made wirelessly!
What`s In The Hardware Box
Inside the main element of discussion here lies its extreme ease of use and a key feature: mobility. Other main character lines are two first-class pre-amps for quality mic/instrument involvement. It`s a two-channel interface and also MIDI compatible for every now day fast-life producer. Specially Hip Hop oriented.
- Bus powered USB audio interface for Mac, PC, and iPad
- Low-noise, high-headroom mic preamps are perfect for recording vocals and instruments
- Included Studio One Artist DAW software gives you a full-featured recording and mixing solution
- Capture Duo iPad app makes it easy to record and transfer projects to your Studio One Artist 2 DAW
- Completely portable with no power supply required
- Connectivity – USB 2.0
- Preamps – 2
- Phantom Power
- A/D Resolution – 24-bit/96kHz
- Analog Inputs – 2 x XLR-1/4″ combo (mic, line/instrument)
- Analog Outputs – 2 x 1/4″ TRS (main out)
- Headphones – 1 x 1/4″
- Bus Powered
- OS Requirements – Mac – OS X 10.8.5 or later, 2GHz multi-core processor or higher
- OS Requirements – PC – Windows 7 SP1 64-bit or later, Intel Core i3 or higher, 8GB RAM or more recommended
- Depth – 5.31″
- Width – 7.56″
- Height – 1.71″
- Weight – 1.35 lbs.
AudioBox iTwo In Use
When put to work, the PreSonus AudioBox iTwo shows nothing but perfection on the impression scale. Again, its portability, ease of use, the easy to go by learning curve regarding synchronization with audio software, makes this little box a perfect suitable gadget for home studio. The dedicated MIDI function turns this baby into a real aid. Just plug in your favorite external MIDI synth and directly control any synth in your iPad!
On the other side, the latency is also in its best rate, spotless. Turning our ears back to the incredible quality of the two pre-amps, offering precision and not a glitch of “hissiness” for your most professional mobile performance. PreSonus really did great job once more.
Monitor Button & Mix Knob
One of the most appreciative things that users highlighted is the mix knob. I mean, every single one of us producers needs it, on everything. So putting it on a light, but powerful thing like PreSonus AudioBox iTwo is the biggest plus. The monitor button too. Its durable, even within the Pros. Professional Hip Hop producers/sound engineers had only words of praise for our little friend.
AudioBox iTwo Cons
- The iTwo doesn`t have a built-in power button.
- The gain seems like the audio interface comes with a little less than usual. Which CAN be an issue depending on the primary goal you have.
- USB MIDI support is another feature of such a supreme importance missing.
- iPad power drain due to its super power, can maybe be solved by using a different charger, but then the
- mono channel / no panning controls will be a big issue for some.
The Final Verdict
The firm steel case, the compatibility, versatile option display, long road endurance and pristine clean sound make AudioBox iTwo your ideal kit for home, pro and on-the-go workflow.
Just like every other interface it has its flaws, but with its highly digesting price hanging around $150, you will be one of the proudest owners of such a delicate audio rendition hardware beauty.
Video Review Of The AudioBox iTwo
And none of the words wouldn`t mind that much if the eyes and ears cannot confirm too, so here is the video revirew for your doubt ending: