Best Bridge Cameras On The Market
Best Bridge Cameras On The Market
In this article you will get all the details you need on the best bridge cameras on the market. Why keep them, why pick them, how to handle them and why they are also called hybrids. But first, let`s clarify some basic ground rules to clear out some of the possible confusion within digital camera world. Keep up.
What Is A Bridge Camera?
When I started taking a deeper interest in photography and the professional equipment required for it, my head was wrapped in so many new information that I felt dizzy instantly. Part of my overwhelming process was my complete knowledge of zero about any shooting camera. The titles like “DSLR”, “Point-And-Shoot”, “Mirorrless” and things like that only made my cam adventure a complete disaster. But, after some time, and it really doesn`t take long, I got the hold on couple of basic things. Now, here is what you need to know if you`re in my shoes. In the digital camera world you have four main types of cameras. They are:
4 Main Types Of Cameras
- digital single lens reflex cameras (or DSLRs)
- compact digital cameras (or point-and-shoot)
- bridge cameras (aka advanced compact)
- mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras
A bridge camera is more of a commercialize given name to a digital cam that “bridges the gap” between a “point-and-shoot” ones and “DSLRs”. That`s why they are often called a hybrid cameras. They posses the mixed features from point and shoot and dslr cameras.
DSLR Vs. Point-And-Shoot
To further understand the meaning behind best bridge cameras, in short DSLRs are the most compact and expensive ones. The main characteristic is that their lens are replaceable and are of much better quality then other types. Larger sensor size is another expensive advantage of the DSLRs, meaning much better picture quality. Different feature options bring the owner a lot of control over the whole shooting. Point-And-Shoot or Compact Digital Camera is your typical everyday camera you see in most shops. The one you buy for your family album or the new adventure you`re taking. Cheaper, easy to use, quick and handy.
The bridge is something that patches the two above mentioned models. Bridge cameras have more features from compact models, but not more than that of an DSLR. Unlike the compact, the hybrids have the manual mode of user settings and better lenses. Longer zoom of the lenses brings greater detail on final image. However, comparing the cool lens feature with DSLR camera, bridge cams don`t have the ability to change their lens as oppose to their digital single lens reflex ones. The smaller lenses on bridge models is another thing to consider in this comparison. Now that we cleared that out of the way, here are best bridge cameras on the market.
Best Bridge Cameras 2017
We scanned the entire net and after a thorough combing, we came to four bridge camera models that are outstanding and out-topping the overall rating chart. These four hybrids bear the most impressive features and experience stars. Some wear the super-sized price with their compact build and fancy name.
One of them has a different story to tell. Its performances are like a huge bonus for a super-low price tag the buyer gets. One thing is certain, you will love your photo-gadget no matter the type you choose. Why keep you any longer with the complementing phrases. Here are our top 4 best bridge cameras on the market.
No. 1 – Sony RX10 III
Buy From Amazon – Sony DSC-RX10 III Cyber-shot Digital Still Camera
This is golden medalist among currently the best bridge cameras on the market today. Sony`s RX10 III model has been the hot topic of the professional photographers, editors and the most desired item within hot enthusiast heads too. A 20.1 megapixel sensor, Wi-Fi, tilting TFT LCD Monitor, 4K video recording of course and Bionz X processor make the main frame of RX10 III. This supreme bridge camera from Sony is the third spur of the RX10 series. Pristine, premium overall build inside and out keep the small family branching on top of the leader photography scale.
New feature includes an incredible 25x optical zoom, bult-in viewfinder and and electronic shutter. One of it`s darkest sides though, has been its highest price on the market so far. But, comparing its features and lens quality to a higher standard DSLR model, you would easily conclude that the deal is much more than fair.
- High zoom 24-600mm (25x) F2.4-4.0 ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* lens, 20.1 MP 1″ Exmor RS stacked back illuminated CMOS sensor w/ DRAM, 4K movie recording w/ direct pixel readout and no pixel binning
- Super slow-motion movie HFR (High frame rate) up to 960 fps (40x), Fast Intelligent AF achieves autofocus as quick as 0.09-sec., Fast response up to 14fps and 1/32000 sec. Anti-Distortion Shutter
- Enhanced operability w/ independent focus, zoom and aperture rings, Professional dust/moisture resistant magnesium-alloy body, Bright XGA OLED Tru-Finder viewfinder and Sharp 3″ multi-angle LCD
- Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi and NFC w/ camera apps
- BIONZ X™ engine for superior detail reproduction and noise reduction
- long focal length
- 4K video
- built-in viewfinder
- 1-inch sensor
- great build
- excellent image quality
- phenomenal zoom reach
- quick and easy image sharing
- wi-fi anf NFC
- fast autofocus
- decent low-light performance
- fantastic macro ability
- no distortion
- perfect exposure
- good color rendition
- quiet shutter
- great built-in flash
- 14 FPS with locked focus; 5 FPS with tracking focus
- large size
- high price
- no touchscreen
- no second card slot
- unable to change zoom setting while shooting a sequence
- no GPS
No. 2 – Leica V-Lux (Typ 114)
family-like bond with Panasonic manufacturer. Leica and Panasonic collaboration goes way back and stays fulfilling each others features on and off. Some Panasonic models function with Leica lenses, while on the other hand Leica has made couple of Panasonic models to its name.
This specific model V-Lux Typ 114 is Leica`s copy of Panasonic FZ1000, and a pretty much better one according to majority of professional critiques. 16x optical zoom range, 20.3-inch MP sensor, 4K video (mp4 format only) is something worth the V-Lux`s Typ 114 expensiveness. Definitely your top choice for a best bridge cameras purchase.
- Integrated high resolution 2.36MP OLED EVF
- 4K Video – State of art video technology
- Wi-Fi/NFC for an instant connection to your smartphone or tablet PC
- High Speed AF – The fastest in its class even in tele position
- 1-inch sensor
- extensive feature set
- superior image quality at higher ISOs
- very fast autofocus
- 16x zoom
- 4k video
- tiltable LCD screen
- shart EVF
- wi-fi and NFC
- no touch screen
- lacks built-in ND filter
- not weather protected
- inconsistent autofocus
- not weather resistant
- no so impressive battery life
No. 3 – Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ2000;
Buy From Amazon – Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 12.1 MP Digital Camera with CMOS Sensor and 24x Optical Zoom – Black
Another top-rated hybrid among best bridge cameras on the market is Panasonic`s flagship FZ2000 model. 20x optical zoom inside a 1-inch sensor and supports both 4k video and photo. It`s not a small bridge camera, with dozens of various menu options can make you easily mistaken it for a superior DSLR.
And 8 megapixel stills can be fearlessly extracted out of the 4k video for that perfect pleasure. Whether you are a professional photographer or videographer, Panasonic DMC-FZ2000 will suit the wide array of your needs.
- The ideal hybrid camera choice for the advanced 4K video enthusiast and photography enthusiast alike.
- Large 1-inch 20.1 Megapixel sensor and bright 20X LEICA VARIO-ELMART F2.8-4.5 lens.
- 4K Ultra HD video recording plus exclusive LUMIX 4K PHOTO and 4K Post Focus and internal Focus Stacking modes.
- “CINELIKE D” and “CINELIKE V” for cinema-like gradation, time code, live HDMI output (4:2:2/8 bit or 4:2:2/10 bit), and lens ND filter controls.
- 20x optical zoom
- great image quality
- versatile physical controls
- 4K and full HD video capture extraoprinary
- large viewfinder
- vari-angle LCD screen
- advanced features for video
- fast overall performance
- ease of use in automode
- dual rings on lens
- quick focus
- ND filter
- RAW-format shooting
- autofocus can be slower then in other models
- lens focus a little soft
- zoom doesn`t function with continuous shooting
- can`t playback video through the viewfinder
- LCD screen not bright enough in the sunlight
No. 4- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
Buy From Amazon – Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ300K 12.1 Megapixel, 1/2.3-inch Sensor, 4K Video, Splash & Dustproof Body, Leica DC Lens 24X F2.8 Zoom (Black)
As our last top model in best bridge cameras section we picked yet another great built photo reproduction gadget from Panasonic. The DMC family baby brother FZ300. Besides its being the most affordable model in the category, the DMC-FZ300`s offers an extendable feature pack inside the box that enviously and righteously can fight its much costly competitors. 24x optical zoom is the first top-impressive thing to stick to your photographer eye. Raw image capturing and a 4K video another great deal about it. The budget-like price only tops this high-res cake. Let`s check out the rest of the cool technical details of Lumix DMC-FZ300.
- Capture moments with superb 4K imaging performance in both video and exclusive 4K PHOTO
- 24X (25-600mm) full-range F2.8 aperture Leica Lens
- Worry-free splashproof / dustproof body
- 5 Axis Hybrid Optical Image Stabilization assures steady photos and videos
- 12.1-megapixel high sensitivity MOS sensor achieves superb low light image quality
- 24x optical zoom
- RAW image capture
- weather resistant
- extensive menu features
- touchscreen focus
- great picture quality
- ease of use
- good battery life
- great in night scenery
- light weighted
- very responsive shutter
- face recognition
- Leica lens
- 4k video
- high-speed shooting
- weaker flash
- lens cover popping off
- not so weather resistant
- no headphone jack
- too many menues
- poor low light photos
- poor depth of field control
- still image sharpening disappointing
Best Bridge Cameras On The Market Conclusion
These were our top best bridge cameras on the market today! If you are loving our new review section, our previous topic was “Cheapest 4K Cameras On The Market” which you can read here. Stay tuned!