Akai Professional MPK25
Now, don`t get thrown away by a small, portable construction chassis of our gem here. The Akai Professional MPK25 is full of surprises when various features come to question. Versatility is just one thing to consider. A full-sized keyboard keys and an MPC-like drum pads is one of the key things this plug-and-play musical toy is one of the most likable ones within our producer area.
More Control [Akai Professional MPK25]
Built-In apreggiator with adjustable swing and gate comes in six shapes. They are: Up (from the lowest to the highest note), Down (highest to the lowest), Inc (Inclusive, meaning going from lowest to highest and reverse with lowest and highest note re-triggered when apreggio changes direction), Exc (Exclusive, similar to Inclusive, except the lowest and highest note do not get re-triggered), Rand (Random) and Chrd (Chord repeats the held notes as chord). Apreggio`s range is also adjustable.
AKAI Professional MPK25 internal memory can stand up to 30 presets. And AKAI is working with Ableton so for its producer lovers it`s kind of a full treat.
Full Level feature makes all your pads always play back at maximum velocity no matter how hard or soft you hit them.
The LATCH function works in conjunction with Apreggiator. When Apreggiator is activated and LATCH enabled, you can hold down a combination of keys, Apreggiator memorizes them and continues to trigger them all even if you let go of the keys.
[Compare Prices] – Find the best deal on Akai Professional MPK25
Input And Output System
As for connectivity UI, AKAI Professional MPK25 shows its decent and acceptable versatility too. The Rear Panel offers Power Input, USB Connection, MIDI Out, MIDI In, Sustain Pedal and Expression Pedal Input.
Akai Professional Mpk25 Main Specs
Now, here are all the feature specs listed up for a better re-cap:
- 25-key semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch for expressive melodic creativity
- MPC-pad section of 12 genuine MPC pads with pressure and velocity sensitivity
- MPC pads access four banks each for instant access to 48 samples
- Assignable Q-Link controller section for flexible control of most software parameters
- 2 banks of 12 Q-Link knobs and 4 buttons, 2 banks each
- Dedicated transport controls for tracking and editing
- MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and arpeggiator aid in creative process
- MPC Full Level, MPC 12-Level, Tap Tempo, and Time Division assist with tempo and dynamics
- MIDI output over USB, bus powered, class compliant: plug-and-play with one USB cable
- Comes with Ableton Live Lite Akai Edition software
- Works with most MIDI recording, sequencing, and performance software
- Custom LCD Display
- Footswitchable patch changes
- Programmable continuous footpedals: 1
- Number of independent MIDI Ins/Outs: 1
- Programmable footswitches: 1
- Programmable controllers: MMC, MIDI START/STOP, MIDI CC
- System real-time controls: MMC, MIDI START/STOP, MIDI CC
What AKAI MPK25 Users Have To Say
For the very end, here are all the Pros and Cons the Akai Professional MPK25 users shared with the internet community. And later, also check out the video review as well to unravel all the doubts you have about it.
Akai MPK25 Pros
- great build
- responsive keyboard
- easy-to-read display
- mod and pitch wheel run smoothly
- easy-to-use controls
- Ableton Live support
- Reason and Pro Tools and FL Studio run smooth too
- great tool for the on-the-go producers
- good price
- note repeat function is great
Akai MPK25 Cons
And here is what the customers didn`t like about Akai Professional MPK25:
- pads a bit stiff
- no On/Off Switch
- pads not responding (in some cases)
- transport buttons not working (in some cases)
- the default mapping for Ableton Live acts oddly
- no sliders
- pads response time slow
- no external power supply
- too boxy, not so portable
- a bit of a learning curve for beginners
A Few Last Words On Akai Professional MPK25
To top off this review and give you a more natural touch on the looks and feels of Akai Professional MPK25, here`s a great video review. If anything else bothers you, there are great tutorials too that you can learn the Akai Professional MPK25 workflow from. Keep the hustle alive!